Starting in August, the will be presenting how to build an Eclipse RCP application from the ground up. We will walk through the material as quickly or as slowly as necessary to help you learn how to create, build and deploy an application of your own.
This Wednesday, we will start creating a roadmap for a suite of tools for photographers, from desktop management of their photo catalog to generating a website for their collection.
If there’s an Eclipse project that you are interested in, but haven’t had the time to investigate, think of a way to utilize it for this app, and we will add it to the roadmap.
For example, we have discussed using these projects to deliver these features:
- http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Rich_Client_Platform – Desktop software; preferences; target platform for third-party code
- http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/ – Modeling data
- http://www.eclipse.org/sirius/ – Collection management / DND
- http://www.eclipse.org/ecf/ – Moving data to a ‘cloud’
- http://www.eclipse.org/ecp/ – Metadata entry/display
- http://www.eclipse.org/acceleo/ – Static portfolio site generation
- -unknown- – Creating a help system
- -unknown- – Configuring build